The Benefit of Massages
It can also:
Aid in pain management,Balance mind, body, and spirit,Boost immunity,Decrease depression and anxiety,Enhance relaxation,Help with digestion,Help with lymphatic circulation,Improve blood circulation,Improve neurological function,Improve range of motion,Increase energy,Increase flexibility,Open joints,Prevent PMS,Promote inner peace and calmness,Provide rejuvenation and pleasure,Reduce stress and releases tension,Release tension,Stimulate circulation,Strengthen the internal organs
- Increase circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level
- Releases endorphin - the body's natural painkiller and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion
- Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays